Our mission is to advance population-based research of therapeutic interventions to improve the health outcomes of Canadians by:
- Bringing together diverse perspectives.
- Facilitating open exchange of ideas and collaboration.
- Influencing policy and practice.
Our long-term vision is to become the recognized Canadian leader for linking population-based therapeutic research, policy and practice to optimize health outcomes.
As a primarily volunteer-driven organization, we focus on the study of effectiveness, harm, use and economics of medications, vaccines, medical devices, new innovations or complementary medicines relevant to the health and wellness of Canadian populations. Informed by consultative processes with our membership, partners and key stakeholders, we:
- Provide a forum for the reporting, scientific discussion, and dissemination of the data derived from population-based studies of drugs and other therapeutic interventions.
- Promote the development of methodologies and resources for the study of drug and other therapeutic interventions.
- Serve as an information resource for decision-making with respect to therapeutic interventions.
- Influence public health policy.